Jul 9, 2008

Pregnancy Update Week 28

July seems to be the “Month of Illness” in my family. Thank goodness everything has worked out for the better. Mysterious illnesses have solved themselves and surgeries have been resolved in positive outcomes. Amazingly enough, Birddog has not had any of the symptoms that other family members have had, but he has been dealing with a nasty bug that won’t seem to leave.

As far as the pregnancy goes, everything is just on cruise control. There has only been one day that I was uncomfortable and luckily it was July 4th, so I was off of work. Babybird decided to get in a position that felt like he was standing at full attention. I spent a lot of time lying down and he readjusted that night. The kid feels like he is playing the bongos on my bladder, but I guess that is to be expected. It is hard to believe that he is over two pounds now!

We had my 28 week check up this past Monday and everything looked good. Click here to find out what is going on in my belly. My doctor said that it was a ‘gold star pregnancy’. My health looks good, weight gain was spot on and everything looked perfect. The only thing odd is that I measured at 29 weeks instead of 28. It has been Birddog’s suspicion that my due date is late and this also reconfirms what my friend Betty told me about the old wives’ tale of feeling the baby move the first time.

An exciting thing about this trip to the doctor was that our niece, Haley, went along for the ride. She spent the night with us the night before and got to go to the doctor’s office with us. I had to drink an orange flavored drink for the glucose screening test and she kept giggling at the faces that I would make. I told her that it tastes like a really thick version of Tang……..and then I had to explain what Tang was….which made me feel old. The nurse let her use the microphone to find Babybird’s heartbeat. You could tell that she was kind of nervous at first, but as soon as she heard the woosh-woosh-woosh sound, her eyes got as big as quarters and she couldn’t stop smiling. It was really cute.

Now my appointments go from every four weeks to every two weeks. It is exciting to know that I am that far along in my pregnancy, but it seems to be flying by so quickly. I can see my belly move now and it is a little freaky, but really cool. I could watch it for hours.

I guess that should catch you up since I haven’t talked about Babybird in a while. Thanks for all the prayers for myself and family members! They are greatly appreciated!

No comments: