Jul 10, 2008

The Poison Pastor

I know that I have blogged before about how much I have fallen in love with Cross Point. There are a million reasons that I would love for anyone to go with me………great messages, coffee and muffins, awesome worship services, wonderful people, coffee…..and muffins! You can feel the excitement of coming together to worship and it is amazing. The staff is super-friendly and approachable and there is a bottom rung. (Want to know what that means? Then go with me this week!)


There are lots of staffers at the church that blog and I enjoy reading several, but Pete is still one of my favorites. I just have to give a shout-out to two of his most recent posts.


In THIS POST, Pete gained huge kudos of respect from me. I have sometimes felt that there are so many ‘rungs’ between me and the person standing on the stage. In the current series, SYNC, Pete has talked about his struggles and with being ‘stalled’. I am thankful for his transparency and honesty on stage and in his blog. I think that it has helped me grow even more in my journey.


In his most recent post, he writes about going backstage to talk to C.C. Deville. That’s right…….you read that correctly. Pete rocked out with C.C. DeVille and got to talk to him about his personal journey with Christ. HOW COOL IS THAT???!!! For those that do not know who C.C. DeVille is, (Hi Mom!) he is the lead guitarist for Poison……..one of my favorite 80’s hair bands. I haven’t stopped singing “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” in my head since I read the post. I am totally jealous and super excited for Pete…..what an exciting thing to do!


Do you want to know something else that rocks??? My 13 year old niece, Harley, and I are both being baptized this Sunday! We are super excited and would love for you to celebrate with us! Let me know if you are interested in coming with us! I am pretty sure that C.C. will not be there, but I can assure you that you will not be disappointed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If everything works out I'll be there Sunday night. Can't wait to see you get baptized on Sunday night!

Anonymous said...

love it! make sure you introduce yourself to me tomorrow night. i am SO excited about the picnic, should be lots of fun!