Jun 4, 2008

Positive Spin

Since I ranted and complained in my previous post, I thought that I would list 10 things that I am super-excited about. Here we go:

Penny is going to Bunco with me tonight. This will be her first night with the Bunco Babes and I really hope that she enjoys it. She is a game-player like me, so I am sure that she will have a blast!

Penny and her husband, Squirrel, took me out to the Mexican restaurant on Friday. Yummy to my tummy!!! Squirrel is an avid reader of this blog and if I don’t mention him at least every once in a while, he goes into convulsions. You can read about him here, here and even all the way back here. Everything that we talked about at dinner was ‘bloggable material’ in his opinion. He is too funny! I miss spending time with them.

Speaking of Mexican food……..Birddog is sick of it. In an effort to lovingly show support for his pregnant wife, he refused to go to the Mexican restaurant last weekend. He then OFFERED TO GO EAT CHINESE FOOD. This took our relationship to a whole new level……he was a self-proclaimed Chinese food hater. Then to my surprise, he wanted to go back the next night. Now, he cannot get enough sweet-n-sour chicken and wants to eat every meal with chopsticks.

Birddog’s back is getting better. He is walking without the use of a walker and gets around much better now. He can stand up and sit down without the need of a support. He is even going longer periods of time without wearing his back brace. He is still limited to only a few activities and can’t sit for long periods of time, but he is doing wonderful considering that he had surgery six weeks ago.

Birddog went with me to Babies R Us this weekend and we finished our baby registry. I feel a huge weight lifted off of my back. I picked out the softest bedding and now I cannot wait to get started on the nursery.


Birddog’s mother is coming over this weekend and we are going to get started cleaning the nursery. I cannot wait for it to be organized so that we can start painting. I am anxious to get things rolling now that we know we are having a BOY Babybird.

I am having dinner with my friend Erin later this week. I simply cannot wait to catch up with her since her semester is finished at Austin Peay. I can’t wait to relive some of my college days through her stories and I would especially like to hear the story pertaining to this picture:


The Mole started again on Monday. I am so addicted to horribly bad reality television. Since The Mole hasn’t been on for several years, I have missed it. The only bad thing is that Anderson Cooper is not the host anymore, since he has moved on to bigger and better things. Too bad……I have a little crush on him.

My plant is still alive! I haven’t killed it! If I can keep this plant alive for 6 months, then there is hope for Babybird!!! I still do not know the name of this plant and I cannot seem to find it anywhere on the internet. Does anyone know what it is?

And last, but not least, I am excited that there is a new series starting at church this week. The series is called Sync and is about finding a spiritual connection with God through all the noise and distraction in our world. I am looking forward to unplugging from the world and learning more about my relationship with God. You can watch the video below or at the church website. Don’t forget to check out Pete’s blog too! If you are interested in going to Crosspoint this Sunday, just let me know! I would be tickled pink for you to go with me!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im in your blog! and you will love my story!!!!! :) and the mole is a new addiction of mine as well, along with a few chi o sisters of mine.