Feb 17, 2007

Good Times Never Seem So Good

Where it began, I can't begin to know when
But then I know it's growing strong
Oh, wasn't the spring, whooo
And spring became the summer
Who'd believe you'd come along

Hands, touching hands, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
I've been inclined to believe it never would


I hope that you had a wonderful birthday party!
It seemed like everyone in town came to help
you celebrate. The whole darn place was singing
your song!

And in that moment, YOUR moment, I realized that
MY life is wonderful. I was surrounded by girlfriends…
REAL girlfriends, including you. Girlfriends that I have
laughed with, cried with, been scared and excited with,
but mainly bowled with.

True girlfriends that will help me find a place to bury
the body when I finally *snap*. I know that you would
be the first to offer a shovel….probably decorated with
your signature pink bow.

Thank you for being there for me when I needed a
shoulder or a Washington State Martini, for letting me
flirt with your dad, for taking road trips to Kentucky and
Florida. Thank you for picking out my Christmas presents
and letting Kyle pass it off as his idea. Thanks for reading
my blog and NOT getting on MySpace to comment
(no pressure)! And most importantly, for eating as many
crab legs as I do.

Sweet Caroline, good times never seemed so good

No comments: