Feb 1, 2007

Chicken Dance Gone Wrong

"You should start a blog. You are addicted to them and I think that you would be really good." She stared at me, waiting for a response.

"I would love too." I said half-heartedly. What I really wanted to say, was that I wouldn't be any good at it. I wouldn't be able to verbalize what I really wanted/needed to say. I can never live up to my blogging idols…..Dooce, Stephanie Klein, My Tiny Kingdom and MANY others. My words would never flow as easily onto the page as theirs. Their words dance on the page…mine would be more like the Chicken Dance at a wedding reception that has gone on WAY too long.

I am scared I won't be taken seriously as a writer….as I have never written much before. Term papers are about the extent of what I have written in the past. Silly papers titled "The Balance of Power and What It Is Today." (Actually, I am kind of proud of that one.)

So, tucking all my fears aside, I am going to jump in with both feet. I will either flourish or crash in a burning heap, but at least I can say that I tried. And what is life, if you don't give things a chance, right?

No comments: