Dec 11, 2007

Shooting Stars Aplenty

My friend Sweet Carolina calls me a star-gazer. I guess that it is true. When I was little, I used to think that the moon followed us wherever we would drive in the car.

The Persied Meteor Shower is my favorite. I look forward to it every August. I sit outside and count all the shooting stars, making a wish on every single one. I even took my nose out of the last Harry Potter book this year to watch the Persied.

If you feel like braving the cold, the Geminid Meteor Shower starts on Thursday and runs through Saturday. It is supposed to be spectacular this year, since there is a newer moon and the sky should be dark. I am hoping for a break in the clouds over Tennessee.

Guys, please take note. This is the perfect opportunity for you! Grab a bottle of wine and your girl to watch the shooting stars. It will be cold, so this is the perfect opportunity to cuddle under a thick blanket and score extra bonus points for romance! Make sure that you get far away from city lights, so you will see even more shooting stars.

Take the opportunity to look skyward this weekend. I am sure that you won’t be disappointed!

No comments: