Aug 27, 2007

Barking Up The Wrong Tree

I hate laundry. Ask any woman and I think that they would agree with me.

It isn't the actual laundry that I hate. I don't mind doing loads of laundry and I don't mind folding it. I just don't want to put it away. Strange, I know.

Anyway, a couple of weekends ago, I put in the final load and tossed the empty clothes basket out into the hallway. Jake went crazy barking.

Now if you have read any of my previous blogs, this will come as no surprise. Jake barks at everything, especially the ceiling fan. He hates that darn ceiling fan. The way that it just turns and blows cool air…….that is just wrong! But I had never seen him bark at the laundry basket before. I died laughing.

When Kyle came in from outside, I brought the laundry basket out into the living room so that he could get a good laugh at Jake too. As soon as I put it in the middle of the floor, Jake went crazy snarling and growling. The hair on the back of his neck stood up.

"Why in the world do you think that he is scared of a laundry basket???" I laughed.

"I don't think that he has ever seen an EMPTY laundry basket before." My husband replied.


**************


Happy Birthday Jake! It has been one year since you came to live with us! You have brightened our lives with your snuggles and puppy humor!

We found Jake at the Lincoln County Humane Society on www.PetFinder.com . I urge anyone that is looking to adopt a pet, to please RESCUE an animal instead of buying one. There are lots of animals that don't find a home and are destroyed. Jake was over a year old when we adopted and he came from an abusive past. He had a slim chance of survival. Placed into a loving home, he has become a wonderful pet and best friend to Elwood. We all love him dearly.

No comments: