Mar 10, 2007

Now New and Improved With Springtime Freshness!

I really think that the year shouldn't begin in January, but at the spring equinox. There are so many NEW things this time of year, shouldn't the year begin NOW? It seems like the world around me is finally waking up. The trees in my front yard are beginning to show signs of little red bulbs, the days are slowly growing longer and I am spending a longer time staring in my closet trying to figure out what to wear.

There are lots of new things around Casa Garton right now…

I have a new job within the company. My office is newly built and it smells of fresh paint and new carpet. There is a new desk and new chair and new everything. The walls are bare and are screaming for decorations, but I am still undecided on what artwork I need to put up. If anyone knows how to decorate an office let me know. Plants die as soon as I look at them, so that is out of the question.

We have new neighbors that seem really nice. They have a couple of dogs which has sent Jake and Elwood into a tail-spin. The barking and butt-smelling phase is almost over......with the dogs, not the neighbors. The Brothers Garton are happy to have some new buddies with which to play. Their new canine friends come over to our porch for an afternoon treat and everyone seems to be getting along.

New furniture was delivered to our living room last week. As with the afore mentioned bare office, I am not a home interior expert either. I moved that darn couch more times than Lindsay Lohan has been in rehab. I have vacuumed in places that haven't seen daylight in over a year and I found that missing flip-flop. Sweet Carolina came over last week to rearrange and make sense of the chaos that I had created. It is starting to look like an actual living room…but I need a few more new things to finish the look.

A close friend called to let me know that there was a new ring on her finger. I am ecstatic about her great news and can't wait to see her and give her a big hug and ogle at her ring.

My cousin called to let me know that an old friend of mine is expecting a new addition to their family. But my cousin would NEVER pressure me to have a baby….she just wanted to let me know that these people were my age, got married on the same day that I did… and just happen to be pregnant. No pressure…"But when are you going to have one?" (As this is a blog post about NEW things, let me note that this is NOT a new question….I have heard it for two years.)

I am glad that spring has finally sprung, that people are getting married, friends having babies and that I found that darn flip-flop. I am really excited about all the new things that are happening in my life…except I really need some new springtime clothes. Shopping anyone?

No comments: