Aug 13, 2008

Pregnancy Update Week 33

My belly is so big that I have to sit down to put on my pants now. I can stand and do really well with the first leg, but that second leg throws me completely off balance and I look like a Weeble Wobble. I gave up and started sitting down this week.

I painted my own toe nails on Saturday......all by myself! This is a HUGE accomplishment and it only took me 30 minutes!

I had some problems breathing last week. I could breathe, it just hurt. Since it lasted for over 24 hours and allergy drugs didn’t seem to work, my doctor wanted me to go to the emergency room. Then I cried, because I didn’t want to go to the emergency room. I was worried that there was something really wrong. The nurse mentioned pleurisy and the doctor mentioned blood clots…….which made me worry even more.

After lots of tests, including an EKG, x-rays and eight (count ‘em EIGHT) vials of blood, the doctor confirmed that I have acid reflux. I went to the emergency room for acid reflux. I felt like a putz. But the important thing is that everything was okay. I would much rather it be reflux than something else… matter how embarrassing it is.

Meanwhile, while I am laying on an uncomfortable hospital gurney, while having people poke and prod me, Babybird was having a fun time showing off for the nurses. The nurse that had all sorts of belts strapped to my belly actually said “He REALLY likes to move, doesn’t he?” I told her that his father is a drummer and she couldn’t stop smiling. You could see the pride in Birddog’s face.

Also, while I am laying there……on my rock-solid-rolly-bed……the same nurse asked me if I had felt any contractions, since I am nearing the end of my pregnancy. When I told her that I had not, she said that was wonderful, because I just had one. What??? Did you say that I just had a contraction? Actually I had two during the twenty minutes that she had me strapped to the belly-contraption. It was really cool information to know, but at the same time, it freaks me out a little bit that I was already having contractions at 32 weeks. It is just another reminder that Babybird will be here before we know it.

My Tennessee baby shower was this past weekend and it was wonderful. Unfortunately my camera decided to go dead right at the beginning to of the festivities, but I will try to grab some pictures from my mom. (The camera thing is true……I didn’t really like the huge bloated look that I was sporting that day, but I wouldn’t deny you pictures if my camera didn’t decide to conk out on me.) Birddog’s family did such a wonderful job. There were so many cute decorations and the food was wonderful. Aunt Betty even made me her infamous chicken salad poofs that I love so much. We got so many wonderful gifts and I got to see people that I don’t get to see on an everyday basis. Jessica, the missing Queen Pin, even made it! (If this doesn’t make sense, I will explain in a later post.)

I am starting to feel the weight of this pregnancy. So far, I have only gained around thirty pounds, which is great. The bad thing is it wears me down. I have energy and enthusiasm in the mornings and then by two or three o’clock I am drained……and I hurt…..and my feet are swollen…….and I am cranky. I try to practice perfect posture, so that my back and abs (what is left of them) won’t hurt, but sitting up straight still seems to smoosh Babybird. If I lean back a little, it seems to help, but that makes it hard to get anything accomplished. If Babybird ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy! Life is tough being kicked from the inside out, especially when I don’t feel well to start with. If I stop to think about it, I will cry……so on to something else.

Babybird’s room is starting to come together, slowly but surely. Now that we have had our last shower, we can start to put things away and decorate. Birddog finished painting the trim in the nursery on Saturday and I got things semi-organized again. By Sunday afternoon, the floor was flooded with gift bags. I refuse to unpack a gift until I have written a thank you card for it, so that is what my afternoons have consisted of this week. Thank goodness I am almost finished, because I am excited about decorating. Maybe I will have the energy to do it on Saturday.

So that is the news from Casa de Garton……..emotions, bloating, acid reflux and all! More updates to come soon!


brandiandboys said...

you're gonna give all those details and not give us a belly shot??? come on! just teasing...

last spring when it was jett's turn to be star of the week he had to make a poster of his favorite pictures, he choose a picture of my bare bely 9 months pregnant with him. he loved the picture so much i couldn't tell him not to use it! so the picture floated all around his elementary school, oh the things we do as mothers!

Anonymous said...

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down! Love ya much- Tobi Lee

ShortyMom said...

Glad to hear your trip to the er was nothing "serious". These next few weeks will fly by and before you know it he will be ready to be here and you won't be. Glad to hear your baby shower went well!

Rachel Baby said...

Definitely need a belly shot!

I can't believe it's almost here - I'm sure you love hearing that, becuase I'm guessing you're ready for him to come out! :)

Glad you're doing so well!

Much love!

Anonymous said...

wish Woody and I were there to share in all the excitment. It's times like this that we miss special people like you and Kyle. Your story, a while back, about having only 2 friends really touched my heart. We get so wrapped up in our own lives, that we don't time to stop and make life long friends. I feel like Woody is my only true friend. Keep us posted. You are always in my prayers.

love Woody and Joyce