Apr 20, 2007

Rejuvenated

Our anniversary was this past Monday, so Kyle and I loaded up and spent a long weekend in the Great Smokey Mountains. There is nothing more inspiring than surrounding yourself with nature……and believe me, we needed it. We spent four days driving in beautiful untouched mountains and valleys, randomly stopping at waterfalls, roaring creeks and mills built over 200 years ago. It was breathtakingly beautiful.

It was also good to spend some much needed quality time with each other…….away from everyone and everything that makes up our everyday life. No work, no computers, no pets, no laundry, no nothing……..and I think that it got us back to ground zero…us. Kyle and Heather. It reminded us that all we need is each other.

There could possibly be a lot of new changes in our lives pretty soon. (Don't freak out Queen Pins….I am not pregnant!) But some things could be coming to an end. Which is sad in some ways, but it opens the door to so many other opportunities. My spirits have been really down lately, but I am trying to look at things in a different light. Things are changing in our world…….and we get a fresh start, a new beginning.

And I know that whatever happens, Kyle will be right there beside me.

No comments: