My friend Melissa tagged me in her MySpace blog. I know that you can’t see her answers, since her blog is set to private, but I haven’t done a “me-me” in a while. (Okay, so maybe this turned into a Me-Me that I ranted about a lot of stuff that is getting on my nerves…..I am a little bit pregnant, forgive me.)
The rules are to post 10 weird or little known facts about you and then tag 10 people. Make sure to leave them a comment so they know they have been tagged!
Here we go:
1. I miss my computer more than I care to admit. Since we have to clear room for the nursery, we moved Birddog’s office to the smallest bedroom. His office has turned into BirddogLand with his computer, work stuff and all of his music equipment. Unfortunately there is no room left for my computer. I miss my pictures and the ability to work/play on the internet as much as I did. The computer in his office is his work computer and I feel weird using it. I don’t want to download anything for fear that I will mess something up and his work computer will be down. Plus, I kind of feel like I don’t have a “place” anymore. My little computer might not be much and the desk wasn’t large, but it was mine and I miss it TERRIBLY! Especially when I have so much baby shopping to do…….and there are so many cute things like this on ETSY. I also don't feel like I can blog as much, which I miss HORRIBLY.
2. I am overwhelmed with the amount of things that need to be done before the baby gets here. I let it build up inside me until I have an anxiety attack and freak out crying……or maybe that is just the hormones.
3. I need to stop being a control freak. (Reference #2) I need to accept help when it is offered even if I know that it will not be done the way that I would have done it. I can delegate things well in a group setting or in a work environment, but I find it so hard to do in my personal life.
4. I took a photo-journalism class several years ago and I loved it. Although I heart my digital camera and I am thrilled to be living in such a tech-y age, I am sad that my children will not have to learn to develop film. They won’t have the need for a dark room. They won’t ever have the opportunity to watch their photographs come to life when put into a chemical bath. Man, just writing about it makes me want to take another class!
5. I hate it when people promise something and don’t follow through on it or don’t even acknowledge it. If you know that you are going to cancel plans, don’t make them in the first place. If you say that you are going to call, call. (Totally guilty of that last one. Just call me the kettle.) I could totally keep going on this subject, but I am stopping out of fear.
6. I have “first time mother syndrome” badly. I am scared to death that I will have no clue what to do. I am not sure that I will be a good mom or even know how to handle being a mother on top of everything else. I know that everything will fall into place, but it is still really scary to me.
7. It gets on my nerves people tell me that my aches and pains are “only going to get worse.” Don’t you think that I know that already??? I don’t think that I am complaining that much now. I have some pulled muscles in my tummy (totally understandable) that are also making my upper back hurt. My feet swell to the size of cantaloupes from sitting at my desk all day. I know that pregnancy isn’t going to be a breeze…….just let me complain a little and don’t remind me that worse things are to come.
8. All I want to eat is the grilled Tilapia from the Mexican restaurant. ALL. I. WANT. TO. EAT. IS. THE. DARN. MEXICAN. FISH. Will somebody please, please, please, please, please go with me? I don’t think I can go another day. The old wives tale is that fish = brain food for the baby. Babybird is going to be a genius……BECAUSE ALL I WANT TO EAT IS THE MEXICAN FISH!
9. Please don’t rub my belly unless you know me. A total stranger attacked me in Wal-mart last week and rubbed my “little bump” as they called it. Stand back! Don’t make me karate chop you!
10. I HATE being so negative lately. I try to be a “silver lining” kind of gal and I usually see the good in every situation. I always look at things from the other side and try not to react to things too quickly. I am usually pretty good about stepping outside of the situation to see the whole picture. Lately, it seems that I am so negative. I am not sure if it is because I am so tired, a little pregnant or it is just my hormones going crazy. I hope it won’t be long until I can turn my frown upside down!
Since I am not a pro-blogger, I only have a couple of friends to tag. I tag: Cosmos Crazy, Shortymom, and Scotch Tape and Matchbox Cars. You have been tagged! You're it!
The Nature Of God Is To Come Along Side Us
53 minutes ago